Thursday 9 January 2014

Course starts Friday, 17 January

This is the first post on the blog page for my IA Probability course, starting 17 January 2014.

Sometimes upon leaving a lecture I think, "I wish I had said ...". This blog gives me a place to say it. Or I can use this space to tell you about some extra interesting things, talk about a question that a student has asked during a lecture. Or I might comment on an examples sheet question.

Mathematics in this blog is written in LaTeX and rendered by MathJax. You need JavaScript on your viewing device. These pages should look great on a PC, Mac or a tablet like an iPad or Nexus. If it is working properly for you then \$(a+b)^2=a^2+2ab+b^2\$ should be rendered as: $(a+b)^2=a^2+2ab+b^2$.

If you would like to learn more about how I installed MathJax in these pages, see here.