Wednesday 14 January 2015

Course starts Friday, 16 January

This is the first post on the blog page for my IA Probability course, starting 16 January 2015. I am leaving in place the blog entries from last year's course. However, by writing new entries as we go, I will provide material that is relevant for 2015.

What is this blog for? Sometimes upon leaving a lecture I think, "I wish I had said ...". This blog gives me a place to say it. Or I can use this space to tell you about some extra interesting things, talk about a question that a student has asked during a lecture. Or I might comment on an examples sheet question. I use this blog as a way of continuing a conversation with you. I am happy to take questions and comments, either in email or in the comment boxes below each blog.

Mathematics in this blog is written in LaTeX and rendered by MathJax. You need JavaScript on your viewing device. These pages should look great on a PC, Mac or a tablet like an iPad or Nexus. If it is working properly for you then \$(a+b)^2=a^2+2ab+b^2\$ should be rendered as: $(a+b)^2=a^2+2ab+b^2$.

If you would like to learn more about how I installed MathJax in these pages, see here.

At the time this course began, the statcounter for page views, shown below, stood at just over 26,000.